TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - You don't have to fill the pickup tube, you need to get it
People Seeking Info

Subject You don't have to fill the pickup tube, you need to get it

Posted by jcieslik on March 27, 2008 at 12:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 804 times.

In Reply To I used my ac flush gun . Just take off filter and shoot oil posted by jcieslik on March 27, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Message to the pump. Once the pump has oil in it it can create the vacuum and overcome the lack of oil in the tube. I did not shoot it into the ball check valves (those go to the engine), I shot it down the center of the oil filter tree. The spray nozel on the flush gun fits right in there and the rubber part does not harm the oil filter tree.

If you tried and failed down the center, you need to remember that there is air already in there and the pump does prevent flow right away. You need to keep the gun on the oil tree for a minute or so to get it to overcome the air pocket. One could also rotate the engine backwards to help move this process along. Like I said, I had my engine in completely and had forgot to put vasoline on the pump. I was not getting oil pressure. This was my saving grace and I did not have to pull the engine to get it going.

Jeff Cieslik

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.